The City of Frost is located off Minnesota State Highway 254 about 5 miles south of Interstate 90 and 5 miles north of the Iowa border. Frost owes its existence to the Iowa, Minnesota and Northwestern Railroad. The land for the town was purchased by the Iowa and Minnesota Townsite Company from Ole Halverson and Eric Amundson who homesteaded property in the area in the early 1870’s. The town was named after architect Charles S. Frost.
The town was platted in September 1899 and was officially incorporated in December 1903. Frost had one of the first radios in Faribault County. In 1931 Frost was known as the sugar beet capital of the world.
There are 2 parks in the City of Frost for families to enjoy and Frost also has the Viking community center that is available to rent for private parties.