The Morgan Public Library has been a part of Morgan history since 1939 when the current building was built by Charles Gilfillan in memory of his father. Acres of land were also given to the City to provide for the maintenance of the building. City and County tax money is used to maintain and run the library itself but Gilfillan funds support the building and its maintenance. In the past the City and Police Offices were also in the basement of the building. They have moved to another location in Morgan.