The original library boardconvened on March 27, 1900 on the second floor of City Hall. In 1903,notice was received that Andrew Carnegie was providing a grant of$10,000 for a public library building. The new library opened forbusiness on November 11, 1904. In 1975, the public library combinedwith the school library to better serve the community. The old CarnegieLibrary was then used as the Pipestone Senior Citizens building. InJanuary 2003, the community/school library moved into its new home inthe Pipestone Area School building. Renamed the Meinders CommunityLibrary, it offers public reading areas, meeting rooms, more computeraccess, a coffee bar and easy access to over 32,000 books and many other materials.