Centerview is a village in Johnson County, Missouri. Centerview was originally called Graham, and under the latter name was laid out in 1865. Centerview is named after Samuel C. Graham, the original owner of the town site. A post office called Centerview has been in operation since 1868.
Centerview town is a thriving and progressive village on the Missouri Pacific railroad between Warrensburg and Holden.
It was founded in 1865, when the Pacific railroad was built. The post office here was established with the laying out of the town and Elhanan Roop was the first postmaster.
Centerview is surrounded on its four sides by some of the best farming and stock raising country in this section.