Lucan is a city in Redwood County, Minnesota United States. Lucan is a city in sections 21 and 22 of Granite Rock, platted in January 1902, and incorporated as a village November 19, 1902, was named for a village in Ireland, seven miles west of Dublin. Another version of its name origin is that one of the railroad surveyors was named Lou Kartak, and when another surveyor was asked if he could think of a name for the town site, he replied, "No, but maybe Lou can." The post office began as Rock in 1890, with Robert Schanberger, postmaster, on his farm in section 14; it then moved to section 6 of Vail Township, then back to Granite Rock Township in section 20, moving to several more sites until Jens Larson took over in 1903, changing it to Lucan in 1908. The village had a station of the Chicago and North Western Railway; it was also known as State Line.